How to find and recruit an apprentice
An apprenticeship combines learning at a college/training provider with on-site experience to give apprentices the right mix of technical and practical skills.
Why should you hire an apprentice?
Apprenticeships are the bedrock of the construction industry. They are preparing the next generation of construction workers and represent an exciting option for both apprentice and employer.
You can employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates, to people who want to further their careers or change career direction completely.
Not only is the apprentice gaining from the experience, as an employer you are too. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship which helps the apprentice learn and develop new skills that directly improve your business; helping both to grow.
Apprentices can benefit your business in many ways:
- Inject a breath of fresh air in your business
- Develop specific skills your business needs
- A more cost-effective way to recruit staff
- Earn more money: 78% of employers say apprentices improve their productivity
- An extra pair of hands allows you to take on more work
- Future-proof your business
- Apprenticeships can be flexibly tailored to the needs of your business
- Employing an apprentice can teach your whole workforce new skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and motivation - apprentices bring all three
- Attract the very best in future talent
The right apprentice can benefit your business today. If you need support recruiting an apprentice, one of our Customer Engagement Advisers can walk you through the whole process.
Please email email@example.com giving your company name, location and contact details, and a member of the team will contact you.