This suite contains National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the occupational area of
- Chimney Occupations.
You can view the National Occupational Standards for Chimney Occupations below.
- COSVR51 Construct prefabricated block chimneys (PDF, 157KB)
- COSVR52 Line chimney structures with cast materials (PDF, 154KB)
- COSVR53 Erect Metal Chimneys (PDF, 223KB)
- COSVR54 Line chimney structures and flues with flexible liners (PDF, 200KB)
- COSVR55 Apply sealant to chimney structures (PDF, 173KB)
- COSVR56 Sweep, service and inspect flues and appliances (PDF, 178KB)
- COSVR825 Connect solid fuel appliance to flue system (PDF, 159KB)
- COSVR826 Inspect and report on the condition of chimneys and appliances (PDF, 222KB)
- COSVR827 Design dry solid fuel installation (PDF, 205KB)
There are currently no reviews taking place. To give feedback or suggest a change please contact the standards team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CITB manages the structures for vocational qualifications. We base the content for these structures on the relevant National Occupational Standards.
The structures are approved by employers and industry stakeholders. Training organisations base their courses on the structures.
See the current recommended qualification structure and national vocational qualification structure for this occupational area below.
Recommended qualification structures
Structures for NVQs/SVQs
Questions or feedback about these structures
If you would like to suggest changes to the current standards or have a suggestion for the structures, please complete our Standards enquiry form.
You may also be interested in...
- Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
National accreditation and awarding body in Scotland for qualifications specifically for Scotland
- Qualifications Wales
Regulator of non-degree qualifications and the qualifications system in Wales
- CITB Northern Ireland (CITBNI)
Industry training board for Northern Ireland in partnership with CITB as the Sector Skills Council for Construction for qualifying the construction workforce activities in Northern Ireland
- The ‘Register ’ of regulated qualifications in England and Northern Ireland for accredited qualifications.