CISRS Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS)
Cost: £595 no VAT charged
Duration: 3 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk) Glasgow (Scotland) Erith (Kent)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This 3 day course is intended for CISRS Scaffold card holders or for inspection card renewals, and also for those responsible for inspecting and checking basic scaffolds for safe use, signing certificates and registers in accordance with statutory regulations.
You should have awareness and experience of scaffolding structures, coming from time spent in your individual industry sector. You’ll be required to confirm this experience by evidence of a CISRS Scaffolder card, or completing a SITS CV form with an employer endorsement, contactable references and/or certificates.
On successful completion of the course we will apply on your behalf for the CISRS Scaffolding Inspection Card.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Regulations and approved Codes of Practice
- Scaffolding terminology
- Tubes, boards and fittings
- Gin wheels and ropes
- Scaffold ties.
Construction regulations and recommendations of basic scaffolds to include:
- Independent tied scaffold
- Putlog scaffold
- Birdcage scaffold
- Static tower
- Basic independent tied scaffold
- Scaffolds with prefabricated beams
- Protective fans, pavement gantry
- Loading bay, roof saddle scaffold
- Splay scaffold roof edge protection
- Practical inspection
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching is a mix of classroom-based theory, practical exercises and computer-based training
- The final assessment involves written and practical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) certificate
- The college will apply on your behalf for a CISRS Scaffolding Inspection Card.
Mandatory entry requirements
There are three entry requirements.
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Scaffolder card
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card
- Delegate holds a current or expired CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection course and is attending to renew their card
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card.
From 1st September 2016, individuals not holding an eligible CISRS card as detailed above wishing to attend the course will be required to submit a SITS CV with contactable references and or/certificates, which includes a letter from an employer confirming their awareness and experience of scaffolding structures gained via their role within industry and confirmation that the delegate has had a minimum of 2 years’ experience in this role.
You can get this form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org If you need to send in a SITS CV form this needs to get approved before your booking can be placed.
Examples of acceptable roles are:
Scaffold Designer, Contracts Manager, Engineer, Site Agent/Manager, H&S Manager, HSE Inspector, Scaffolding Inspector who has previously attended a non CISRS Scaffold Inspection/Awareness course at least 2 years before the start of the CISRS Basis SITS course.
Delegates who do not have any previous knowledge or experience of scaffolding will not be eligible to attend this course. Individuals in this position may want to consider attending a more general scaffold appreciation/awareness course prior to committing to inspection training.
2. Delegates wishing to book this course will be required to have a CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) in place at the time of booking. The CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
For these exemptions to apply you will need to send a copy of the certificate/card to email@example.com at time of booking.
3. You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
If you need to send in a SITS CV form this needs to get approved before your booking can be placed.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.