CISRS Advanced Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS Advanced)
Cost: £450 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk) Glasgow (Scotland) Erith (Kent)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is for people who hold a CISRS Inspection Card (or previous equivalent) or a CISRS Scaffolder Card for at least two years, or hold a CISRS Advanced Scaffolder Card (blue card).
You will learn the appropriate safety regulations and develop the ability to interpret design specifications and statutory regulations when inspecting complex/designed scaffolding structures for faults.
You'll gain the CISRS Advanced Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS Advanced) certificate on passing the course and can apply for a CISRS Advanced Scaffold Inspection card.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Regulations and approved Codes of Practice
- Scaffolding terminology
- Scaffolding components
- Scaffold ties.
Construction of complex/designed scaffolds to include:
- Temporary roofs
- Slung scaffolds
- Cantilever drop scaffolds
- Practical inspection
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching is a mix of classroom-based theory, practical exercises and computer-based training
- Assessment includes written and practical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (Advanced SITS) certificate
- The college will apply on your behalf for a CISRS Scaffolding Advanced Inspection Card.
Mandatory entry requirements
There are three entry requirements.
- Delegate has held a current CISRS Scaffolder card for at least two years
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card
- Delegate holds a current or expired CISRS Basic or Advanced Scaffold Inspection card and is attending to renew their card, (or previous equivalent).
- Delegates wishing to book this course will be required to have a CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) in place at the time of booking
- The CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date.
3. You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.