CPCS Telescopic Handler A17 - experienced operators (3 days)
Cost: £1,200 no VAT charged
Duration: 3 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This condensed course is for experienced operators of telescopic handlers, who need a formal qualification.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the technical test at the end.
If you have limited or no experience, you should do our full 5-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the machine for all normal tasks
- Decide whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Know how the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- Understand the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Know how to load, store and transport representative materials
- Understand the basic construction of pallets.
Teaching and assessment
- 2 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures according to manufacturers’ handbook/manual
- Stability factors in unladen/laden condition - be familiar with and understand load centres and charts, safety devices and applicable legislation
- Travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and inclines in an unladen/laden condition and be competent in hill start procedures
- Set and position the telescopic handler to lift various loads to within its full working range. Transport loads. Ensure load integrity and security
- Place and retrieve loads accurately onto towers, vehicle beds, stacking procedures. Keep within safe working parameters
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course as there will only be a short time for this on the course.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.