CPCS Telescopic Handler A17 Wheeled
Cost: £1,550 no VAT charged
Duration: 5 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a telescopic handler.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
Experienced operators who need a formal qualification can do our condensed 3-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the machine for all normal tasks
- Decide whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Know how the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- Understand the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Know how to load, store and transport representative materials
- Understand the basic construction of pallets.
Teaching and assessment
- 4 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
After gaining experience on site, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).