CPCS Slinger/signaller A40 (4 days)
Cost: £1,350 no VAT charged
Duration: 4 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This 4 day course is for people with limited or no experience of slinging and signalling, who want to gain entry into the lifting industry.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
If you already have experience but need a formal qualification, you could do our condensed 2-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
- Select appropriate lifting tackle and attach and detach it correctly and safely
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, and maintain and store them.
Teaching and assessment
- 3 days training - classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS trained operator (red) card on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date or alternatively the new CPCS Plant Operative Health Safety and Environment Test, specifically tailored for Plant Operators.
CPCS Plant Operative Health, Safety and Environment Test - NOCN Job Cards
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.