CPCS Crane Supervisor A62
Cost: £1,300 no VAT charged
Duration: 4 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This course will enable you to undertake the duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the appointed person.
You will learn how to comply with legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and industrial requirements.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests at the end.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of crane supervisor
- Understanding the role of appointed person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones.
Teaching and assessment
- 3 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date
- You should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.