Track and Undercarriage Inspection
Cost: In-company course only price upon enquiry
Duration: 1 day
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Contact us as below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This intensive 1 day course aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills to carry out track and undercarriage inspection.
- Learn how to carry out a component inspection safely
- Become familiar with undercarriage components and car body construction
- Understand the importance and cost implications of regular/irregular undercarriage maintenance and inspection
- Collect accurate measurements of components, compare figures against manufacturers’ specifications and calculate wear rates
- Identify wear patterns/characteristics and locate issues relating to the undercarriage.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
The Track and Undercarriage Inspection course will train you to:
- Identify safe practices and procedures relating to undercarriage inspection and identify all components classed as running gear (rubber tracked, steel tracked and car body types)
- Understand how undercarriage components are constructed, identify undercarriage arrangements and know how standard and LGP undercarriages differ
- Check running gear alignment
- Measure running gear components and check the measurements against manufacturers’ specifications and calculating wear rates
- Identify and diagnose common faults in undercarriages.
Teaching and assessment
- You will be assessed via practical exercises and a theory exam.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificates
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers, you can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
Contact one of our NCC Account Managers for more information or to book a course:
- Clare Hill - 07876130588
- George Gooderson - 07388854496
- Email - email@example.com
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.