Test and Inspection of Plant Machinery
Cost: £750 no VAT charged
Duration: 3 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk) and Glasgow (Scotland)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This 3 day course trains you to inspect plant machinery. You learn about legislation, responsibilities, inspection procedures and reporting methods.
It is suitable for people with a background in engineering and several years' experience in plant maintenance who want to be nominated as a competent person to inspect plant.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Outline of PUWER
- Outline of LOLER
- Areas of responsibility
- Inspection of mechanical equipment
- Inspection of hydraulic equipment
- Inspection of lifting equipment
- Practical inspection exercises
- Recording inspections
- Reporting defects.
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching: classroom-based tutorials and practical training exercises
- Assessment: you will be assessed and examined in carrying out a full inspection of an item of plant.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- A relevant engineering background
- Several years' experience in plant maintenance.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.