Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct outlines the relevant standards and commitments expected of individuals invited to become members of CITB groups/committees.
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to ensure that all members are aware of and can consistently demonstrate the values and ethos of CITB in all their work for or on behalf of CITB.
- I will promote CITB’s work as described in the CITB Strategic Business Plans.
- I will promote positive industry and public relations.
- I will seek authorization from the CITB Chair to make any public comments about the CITB, including industry comment that may reflect on CITB.
- I will act in solidarity with the Group/Committee by not stating opinions that undermine the decisions of the Board/Executive nor act in any way which could bring discredit upon CITB.
- I will uphold the principle of independence in my advisory role and not be influenced by partisan interest, fear or criticism.
- I will follow CITB’s policy on conflicts of interest with regard to my work with CITB.
- I will keep information I receive as member strictly confidential.
- I will not use information for my own gain or to benefit persons or entities outside of CITB
- I will work considerately and respectfully with all those I come into contact with at CITB. I will respect diversity, different roles and boundaries, and avoid giving offence.
- I will be accountable to the CITB Chair for my adherence to this code and recognise that substantial breach of any part of this code may result in my being asked to resign from the CITB Group/Committee. I will inform the Chair in writing if I wish to cease being a member of the CITB group/committee.