The suite contains National Occupational Standards (NOS) related to:
- Ceiling fixing
- Modular demountable partitioning
- Operable partition systems
- Glass partition/internal screen
- Dry lining - fixing
- Dry lining - boarder
- Dry lining - finishing
- Access flooring
- Cavity barrier installation
- Acoustic floor installation
- Suspended ceiling
- Stretched ceilings.
A request from industry has been made to CITB for the following changes to this suite:
- New NOS unit for Operable Partition Walls
- New option route for Dry Lining - Fire Resistant Walls
- In response to the Grenfell inquiry, new wording added to the NOS under 'methods of work'.
- Change detail Recommended Qualification Structure for Interior Systems (Construction) Level 2 (PDF, 70KB)
- Progress Report - Operable Partitions IC, PDF (62KB)
- Operable Partition - IC Dev Pack (ZIP, 731KB)
- Operable Partition NOS - Service, maintain and repair operable partition wall systems (PDF, 82KB)
CITB manages the structures for vocational qualifications. We base the content for these structures on the relevant National Occupational Standards.
The structures are approved by employers and industry stakeholders. Training organisations base their courses on the structures.
See the current recommended qualification structure and national vocational qualification structure for this occupational area.
Recommended qualification structures
Structures for NVQs/SVQs
You may also be interested in...
- Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
National accreditation and awarding body in Scotland for qualifications specifically for Scotland
- Qualifications Wales
Regulator of non-degree qualifications and the qualifications system in Wales
- CITB Northern Ireland (CITBNI)
Industry training board for Northern Ireland in partnership with CITB as the Sector Skills Council for Construction for qualifying the construction workforce activities in Northern Ireland
- The ‘Register ’ of regulated qualifications in England and Northern Ireland for accredited qualifications.