EUSR Utilities Excavation Support: Category 4 (Proprietary System Installation)
Cost: £520 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course has been developed in conjunction with major utilities construction firms.
It is for operatives with limited knowledge of safe methods to support excavations. You will also learn the correct assembly and safe use of trench boxes.
You can also take this course to refresh existing skills.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
This course delivers assessed outcome training against the National Skills Academy for Power and EU Skills category 4 for the safe shoring of excavations.
- Health and safety requirements
- Different shoring systems
- Soil conditions
- The effects of weather and water
- Service drawings.
- The installation of shallow trench shoring (verti-shore)
- Push and dig with two frames
- Reinforcing the correct use of CAT/use of drawings for cable location.
- The installation of a trench box.
Teaching and assessment
You learn through a mix of classroom-based theory and practical training.
Assessment is through:
- Ongoing tutor observation/assessment
- A short written test you complete at the end of day two.
Qualifications you get
- The college will apply on your behalf for the Energy and Utilities Skills Register (EUSR) card, endorsed with the Category 4 Excavation Scheme
- This card is valid for five years.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Reasonable level of mobility
- Ability to lift and move loads
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.