CISRS scaffolding part 2: tube and fitting or system scaffold
Cost: £1,550 no VAT charged
Duration: 10 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk) Glasgow (Scotland) Erith (Kent)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This 10 day course is for people who have spent at least six months on site since passing the CISRS Scaffolding part 1 course.
You will learn how to safely erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding structures, working as part of a team.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Correctly and safely erect truss-out, pavement gantry, loading bay, splay, protective fan, pre-fabricated beams and roof scaffolds
- Observe regulations governing the safe erection, inspection and dismantling of scaffolds and work methods to be adopted
- Determine the truss-out, pavement gantry, loading bay, splay, protective fan, use of prefabricated beams and roof scaffolds in system or proprietary systems where applicable
- Construct scaffolds to statutory regulations TG20 and BS EN12811-1, and follow the safe systems of work set out in the Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- Practical setting of anchors for tie testing
- NVQ/SVQ portfolio building and practical assessment.
The following system scaffold categories are available for this course in Renfrewshire:
- +8 (BAW028)
- Plettac Metrix (BAW02P)
- Layher (BAW02L)
- Cuplok (BAW02C)
- Kwikstage (BAW02K)
- Haki (BAW02H)
- Tradlok TBA
- Alustar TBA.
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching is a mix of classroom-based theory, practical exercises and computer-based training
- Assessment includes written and practical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Scaffolding Part 2 certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Completed the scaffolding Part 1 course
- At least six months site experience since passing the part 1 course
- Ability to climb up and down ladders safely
- Ability to handle scaffold boards and steel scaffold poles
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.