CISRS scaffolding part 1: tube and fitting or system scaffold
Cost: £1,400 no VAT charged
Duration: 10 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk) Glasgow (Scotland) Erith (Kent)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This 10 day course is for people who have held a CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Labourer card for six months.
The course teaches the core skills of scaffolding. It covers how to safely erect, alter and dismantle basic scaffolding structures.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
You will learn to:
- Safely and correctly erect independent and putlog scaffolds with returns, towers and birdcage scaffolds, in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- Observe regulations governing the safe erection, inspection and dismantling of scaffolds and work methods to be adopted
- Determine the material requirements for independents and putlog with returns, towers, and birdcage scaffolds in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- Lay out materials, set out the scaffolds and overcome obstacles to erect the scaffold safely
- Ensure that scaffolds are constructed to statutory regulations following the safe systems of work set out in Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- Interpret simple drawings
- Understand the basics of tie testing
- Make alterations to scaffolds (eg dropping lift height on independent).
The following systems scaffold categories are available for this course in Renfrewshire:
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching is a mix of classroom-based theory, practical exercises and computer-based training
- Assessment includes written and practical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Scaffolding Part 1 Certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Current CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Labourer card held for at least six months before the course start date
- A head for heights
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.