CISRS Basic Access System Erector (BASE)
Cost: £825 no VAT charged
Duration: 5 days
Locations: Glasgow (Scotland)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This 5 day course is for non-scaffolders, who erect, alter and dismantle simple system scaffold structures within restricted environments.
You will learn on a specific type system scaffold erected to a maximum height of six metres with public interface.
On successful completion of the course we will apply on your behalf for the CISRS Basic Access System Erector (BASE) Card in the specific system scaffold product.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
The Basic Access System Erector course will train you to:
- Erect independent scaffold with:
- Return and platform extension brackets
- Loading bays (hop-ups)
- Both ladder and stair access to a maximum height of six metres using the approved system you have trained in.
Teaching and assessment
This course is combination of classroom-based theory and practical exercises
The final assessment involves both written and practical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Basic Access System Erector (BASE) Card
- The college will apply on your behalf for a CISRS Basic Access System Erector (BASE) Card.
Mandatory entry requirements
- A head for heights
- A talent for teamwork
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Delegates wishing to book one of these courses will be required to have a CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) in place at the time of booking. The CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Get your CISRS card
As well as passing the COTS course, you must pass the Health, safety and environment test to apply for the relevant CISRS card.