Safe Working Practices Around Construction Plant Equipment
Cost: £315 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This two day course is for anyone working with construction plant machinery who needs to be aware of the dangers of operating in close proximity to other vehicles/obstructions.
Candidates will learn about excavation awareness and traffic/vehicle movements on site.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Theoretical knowledge of excavator movements
- Quick hitch best practice
- Spoil characteristics
- Underground and overground services
- New Roads and Street Works signing and guarding
- Working at height near excavations
- Safety signs and signals within vehicle movements
- Bankspersons’ roles and responsibilities according to legislation
- Codes of practice
- Manufacturer’s instructions/guidance.
Teaching and assessment
- 2 days training using a series of practical classroom based activities.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.