Eco Operator: Plant Machinery
Cost: Call for price
Duration: 1 day
Dates: Contact us as below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This 1 day course is for experienced operators looking for a formal qualification.
You will discover how to save money on fuel bills by understanding and using the features of your plant, including operating a telescopic handler, 360° excavator, 180° excavator.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
You will learn:
- How to conform to manufacturers requirements as per the operator’s handbook/manual, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- To name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology, sizes and types of machines, (where incorporated within novice full duration courses)
- To undertake all pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures, mount and dismount, according to manufacturer’s handbook/manual
- Stability factors in unladen/laden condition
- To be familiar with safety devices and applicable legislation
- To prepare and operate machinery utilising all available eco mode devices and completing set tasks in the most productive manner
- Awareness of on-site hazards including personnel, confined spaces including other plant machinery
- To set and position the specified machine to transport loads. Ensure load integrity and security
- To place the machine in an out of service condition.
Teaching and assessment
- 1 day learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificate available on request.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers, you can have up to 6 delegates on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
Contact one of our NCC Account Managers for more information or to book a course:
- Clare Hill - 07876130588
- George Gooderson - 07388854496
- John Woodfine - 07867141929
- Email - email@example.com
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- There may also be requirements for proof of competence for some specific categories.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants may be available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.