CPCS Ride on Road Roller A31 (4 days)
Cost: £1,100 no VAT charged
Duration: 4 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This 4 day course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a ride-on road roller.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical test at the end.
Experienced operators who need a formal qualification can do our condensed 2-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- All pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures
- Set roller for travel
- Awareness of on-site hazards
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Place roller in an out of service condition
- Recognise compacted/uncompacted areas
- Conditions that may cause instability of the roller
- Safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges
- Loading and unloading procedures on/off a transporter.
Teaching and assessment
- 3 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
After gaining experience on site, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).