CPCS Remote Controlled Tower Crane A04c
Cost: From £1,550
Duration: 5 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is for people with limited or no experience of using pedestrian operated tower cranes.
It teaches you how to operate a pedestrian operated tower crane safely and productively.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the crane safely and productively
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations
- Decide whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out of
- service procedure
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine
- Secure, check and maintain counterweights
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load
- Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities.
Teaching and assessment
- 4 days training - classroom lessons and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.