CPCS Forward Tipping Dumper Wheeled A09
Cost: £1,129 no VAT charged
Duration: 4 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a wheeled forward tipping dumper.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
If you already have experience, but need a formal qualification, you could do our condensed 2-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Know which minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures are necessary, and be able to carry them out
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Apply all necessary safety precautions
- Understand how diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate.
Teaching and assessment
- 3 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
After gaining experience on site, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).