CPCS Excavator 180° Wheeled: Above and Below 5 Tonnes A10 and A12 - experienced operators (3 days)
Cost: £900 no VAT charged
Duration: 3 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This condensed course is for experienced operators of 180 degree excavators above and below 5 tonnes, who need a formal qualification.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the technical test at the end.
If you have limited or no experience, you should do our full 9-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the 180° wheeled excavator safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
Teaching and assessment
- 2 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures according to manufacturers’ handbook/manual
- Configure and set for excavating duties to include line and level procedures
- Place material into transporting vehicles or hoppers from an elevation
- Grade, spread and level different types of terrain back to original contours
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course as there will only be a short time for this on the course.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.