CPCS Dump Truck: Articulated Chassis A56 - experienced operators (2 days)
Cost: £875 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is for experienced operators of dump truck with an articulated chassis, who need a formal qualification.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the technical test at the end.
If you have limited or no experience, you should do our longer 5-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Risks associated with quick hitch devices and how to use them safely.
- Operating the machine to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- Which routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out.
Teaching and assessment
- 1 day learning through mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Can undertake pre-start running checks and shut-down procedures according to manufacturers’ handbook/manual
- Can travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines
- Can configure dump truck to receive and discharge loads
- Can configure dump truck to travel on inclines and be competent in hill starts
- You should revise the theory test questions before you start training as there is only a short amount of time for this on the course.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.