Site Supervisors' Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course
Cost: £350 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 day
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This two-day SSSTS course is for site supervisors.
You will learn about your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend for 15 hours
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB renewable Site Safety Plus certificate.
***You must renew this qualification every five years by attending and passing the SSSTS refresher course. You need to do this before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full SSSTS course.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers, you can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
Contact one of our NCC Account Managers for more information or to book a course:
- Clare Hill - 07876130588
- George Gooderson - 07388854496
- John Woodfine - 07867141929
- Email - email@example.com
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- You will need to provide a valid ID for the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
For Weekend courses “Employers should be aware that there is a legal requirement that anything required by employees in the interests of health and safety should be provided free of charge. This means that health and safety training should be provided in company time. This section of the Health and Safety at Work Act is covered on the syllabus of the course and can cause friction if employees are not receiving payment for attending the sessions”
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.