Health and Safety for Directors
Cost: From £175 no VAT charged
Duration: 1 day
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This 1-day interactive course is intended for company Directors with the aim of recognising the human, economical and financial implications of non-compliance with health and safety legislation.
The course will provide a summary of how to promote a positive health and safety culture within their organisation.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Health and Safety Law
- Plan, do, check, act
- H&S policy
- Risk Assessment
- Policy development
- Monitoring H&S performance
- Reviewing H&S and lessons learned
- Action plan
- Recognise the moral, economic and legal costs/implications of decisions made in the boardroom that make their business liable
- Understand the importance of strategic management of risks
- Appreciate the consequence of failing to manage H&S effectively
- Understand the importance of competent duty holders cooperating, communicating and coordinating H&S throughout the whole project
- Recognise the need to appoint H&S assistance and limitations of such an appointment
- Identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive H&S culture into an organisation
Teaching and assessment
Various exercises throughout the day will give delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts in an open forum. The day concludes with the delegate preparing an action plan for their return to the workplace. This will include a checklist to utilise within their organisations to ensure compliance with legislation.
Qualifications you gain
CITB National Construction College certificate.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers, you can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
Contact one of our NCC Account Managers for more information or to book a course:
- Clare Hill - 07876130588
- George Gooderson - 07388854496
- Email - email@example.com
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- You will need to provide a valid ID for the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
You might also like
Those Directors who wish to hold the responsibility of competent person for Health and Safety advice should consider the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Construction Certificate.