Steeplejacking apprenticeship course
Duration: 24 months in total for 30 weeks training
Location: Bircham (Norfolk)
Date: Continuous start dates available
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This apprenticeship course is for people who want to gain an academic qualification in steeplejacking, while gaining professional experience.
You'll learn a variety of skills to equip you to replace glass, repair masonry, welding, paint, dismantle, demolish; and inspect structures for damage.
You’ll also learn to follow strict safety procedures, as the work can be dangerous.
The course covers practical principles in:
You’ll learn knowledge, skills and behaviours in:
You’ll also focus on personal skills in:
Teaching and assessment
24 months in total for 30 weeks training call for specific details.
Qualifications you gain
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing and Rigging Occupations: Steeplejacking
- Level 2 Construction Diploma in Steeplejacking
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- You may also gain value-added qualifications in first aid and health and safety, along with other industry-specific subjects.
Mandatory entry requirements
No formal requirements, but it’s useful to have Maths and English GCSE Grades 3-9 or D-A.
To help us assess your suitability for the course, you'll need to:
- Complete a skills learning exercise and possibly attend the college for further tests.
- Practical skills
- Physical fitness
- A good sense of balance
- No fear of heights (or dirt)
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
You will be paid while you learn.
The following CITB grants are available for employers to fund their apprentices on this course:
If you applied for your apprenticeship through the Education and Skills Funding Agency, only applicants aged between 16 and 18 who have not been placed on a training scheme before are guaranteed full funding.
Need more information?
Contact one of our account managers
Or phone Course booking line: 0344 994 4433
After this course
You can be assessed for higher NVQs at the National Construction College. We provide details to all trainees.