Scaffolding apprenticeship course
Duration: 24 months
Structure: 12 weeks of training over 24 months, plus on-the-job experience. Also 1 week of enrichment, 1 week of pre gateway assessment and 2 day end point assessment.
Location: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Continuous start dates available
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This apprenticeship course is for people who want to gain an academic qualification in scaffolding, while gaining professional experience.
You'll learn to erect and dismantle scaffolding for construction projects.
The course will cover practical principles in:
You’ll learn basic skills, knowledge and awareness in:
You’ll also focus on personal skills in:
Teaching and assessment
12 weeks of training over 24 months, plus on-the-job experience. Also 1 week of enrichment, 1 week of pre gateway assessment and 2 day end point assessment.
Formative assessment throughout the program and EPA criteria forms part of the assessment.
Qualifications you gain
Level 2 Construction Diploma in Scaffolding
- Level 2 NVQ in Accessing and Rigging Occupations: Scaffolding
- The Construction Industry Scaffolders’ Record Scheme (CISRS) Scaffolders’ Registration Card
- Level 1 Functional Skills, working towards L2 (test must be taken)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- You may also gain value-added qualifications in first aid and health and safety, along with other industry-specific subjects.
Mandatory entry requirements
Maths and English GCSE 3-9 or D-A or a Level 1 Functional Skills.
To help us assess your suitability for the course, you'll need to:
- Complete a skills learning exercise and possibly attend the college for further tests.
- Practical skills
- Physical fitness
- Problem solving
- A head for heights
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
You will be paid while you learn.
The following CITB grants are available for employers to fund their apprentices on this course:
If you applied for your apprenticeship through the Education and Skills Funding Agency, only applicants aged between 16 and 18 who have not been placed on a training scheme before are guaranteed full funding
After this course
You can be assessed for higher NVQs at the National Construction College. We provide details to all trainees.