Reinforced Concrete Frame upskilling
Training and development
Learning resources, Sectors and roles, Careers and recruitment, New qualifications and courses, Small employer support
SR Partnerships Ltd; AKL Assessments Ltd; Construction Skills People and White Waters Training Ltd, and Orpen Design Solutions Ltd
The project will work specifically with SMEs with less than 200 PAYE employees to:
- Promote the introduction of a new level 2 vocational qualification for Formwork Erector/Striker
- Upskill operatives to achieve currently available level 2 qualifications relevant to the RC Frame Sector
- Create a skills and competence pathway model to demonstrate how an individual can become trade qualified through an apprenticeship.
- Deliver 50 Level 2 NVQ in Formwork Erector/Striker
- 300 Level 2 NVQ in a RC Frame Sector related occupation
- Develop a Sector Specific skills training and competence assessment pathway model
- Create 20 job opportunities for new entrants to the sector.
01 Aug 2016
31 Jan 2018
End of project summary
The project finished in March 2018.
99 people from 6 companies achieved NVQ Level 2 qualifications: 85 were in reinforced concrete frame related occupations and 14 formwork erector and striker. All of the newly qualified workers have upgraded their CSCS cards.
41 new apprenticeships were started.
A booklet entitled ‘The Reinforced Concrete Frame Operational Skills Pathway', aimed at 11-18 year olds, has been produced with over 1000 printed booklets and 250 posters distributed through CONSTRUCT members. The project experienced some difficulties and underspent by £123k.