Mind the Gap (commission)
Learning resources, Careers and recruitment
Be Onsite, A Fairer Chance, Bounce Back, The Prince’s Trust, Nacro, The Mitie Foundation
Commercial, Housing, Infrastructure, Specialist
Commission: Employer led training and employment pathways into construction for ex-offenders.
The project will reduce skills gaps and crime re-offending rates by working with construction industry partners and rehabilitation specialists to offer sustainable employment opportunities to serving prisoners and ex-offenders.
The project will develop an infrastructure to design, test and deliver long-term construction training and support for 400 businesses resulting in 60 sustained job outcomes by 31 March 2019.
The project will test the model in London in year one, include Birmingham in year two and Manchester in year three.
- Deliver 60 ex-offender candidates into sustainable employment
- 150 offers for work experience
- 200 offers for taster weeks
- 220 candidates for case management training
- 600 participating in business challenge days with 400 employers.
31 May 2017
30 Apr 2020