Future Starts In Construction
Careers and recruitment
Kier Construction Ltd
The Prince’s Trust, a training provider and Hub South West
Commercial, Housing, Infrastructure, Specialist
The project will deliver a series of construction industry taster days. These tester days will offer progression into 5-day construction pre-employment programmes, whereby young people will gain CSCS accreditation and receive 5-10 days’ work experience on a site.
This project is paired with on-going support and mentoring from The Prince’s Trust. The Prince’s Trust help young people progress into employment, further education or training within the construction industry.
- Deliver progression into employment, education or training for 30 school leavers
- Through Get Started in Construction Trades CSCS accredited training and work experience placements.
01 Aug 2016
30 Sep 2017
End of project summary
Kier Construction, working alongside various partners, aimed to deliver Your Future Starts in Construction, which was targeted at 15-18 year olds.
The objectives met included:
- an increase the appeal of working in construction
- a reduction in skills shortages
- a series of construction industry taster days
- progression onto 5-day construction pre-employment programmes
- on-going support and mentoring to help young people progress into employment, further education or training within the construction industry.
This project was completed in September 2018, having achieved all objectives for the specified period.