Construct Croydon: Improving Pathways for Women and LTU seeking construction employment (Pathways into Construction)
Careers and recruitment
London Borough of Croydon
Vinci Construction; Willmott Dixon; Neilcott; Brick by Brick; MRS Scaffolding; Mulalley; Croydon College; JCP; TRP; Zip into work; Sutton and District Training; Women into Construction; Develop Croydon; Croydon Works
LBC will adopt a coordinated approach to up-scaling its existing services and extend the offering of this for a construction sector specific pathway to engage more women and long term unemployed into the Croydon construction sector.
It adopts a regional approach to extend its services and will also support construction employers to get better at recruiting from these hard to reach talent pools.
- 120 women engagers
- 45 women enter & complete training - employability & site readiness
- 40 women to benefit from 'Steps to Work' - including work experience, CV support
- 30 women progress into sustained employment
- 450 LTUs engaged
- 150 LTUs enter & complete training
- 70 LTUs to benefit from 'Steps to Work'
- 70 LTUs enter sustained employment
- 20 employers engaged & 7 to sign up to Croydon Good Employer Charter
- 20 Peer to Peer learning events for employers
- 7 case studies produced
- Final Project Report
06 Aug 2019
31 Aug 2022
End of project summary
The project had funding withdrawn in May 2020 as a result of the strategic changes from CITB's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, materials attached reflect this.