HS&E test support
On this page you will find information relating to Candidate support:
Please see our Book a test page for information on how to book online or by phone.
You can buy HS&E test revision materials from:
• CITB's online shop
• on Apple iOS, Android, and PC - see the relevant version of the test revision material for links to the respective app.
• by phoning 0344 994 4488; lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, and Saturdays 8am to 12pm, except during Bank Holidays
• high street or online book shops
If you are applying for or renewing your CSCS card, a copy of your HS&E test score report isn’t required. All you need is your CITB ID number which can be found on your booking confirmation email when you booked your test. It looks like this CITB123456789. Or, you can access your CITB ID by logging into your CITB test account (there are reminders if you have forgotten your log-in details).
If a copy is still needed, please use one of the below methods:
- If you took your test after 26 June 2019, you can print your score report by logging into your Pearson VUE account. You will find this under the heading ‘score reports’.
If you are still unable to find your score report you can contact Pearson VUE directly, but there is a charge of £10 to provide a duplicate score report.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Chat: http://www.pearsonvue.com/CITB/livechat/en_GB/index.asp
- Calling: 0344 994 4488.
There is no expiry date for your HS&E test. However, when applying for a new or renewing a skills card, your HS&E test usually needs to have been taken within the last 2 years. Please check with the card scheme provider for further information.
You will need your CITB ID number to complete the CSCS application.
The CITB ID should look like this: CITB0123456789. It can be found on your HS&E test booking confirmation email, score report or by logging into your Pearson VUE CITB test booking account.
If you cannot find this, please email TestingServicesFeedback@citb.co.uk who can provide the number to you. Please provide the details below so your file can be located (please avoid sending your NI number, this will be asked as a last resort if we cannot locate your details)
- Date of birth
- Post code
The CSCS card scheme is no longer administered by CITB. To apply for a CSCS card please go to the CSCS website. To apply for your card, you will need the following:
- A scanned copy of your qualification certificate, or proof that you are registered to complete a recognised construction related qualification relevant to your occupation. This will need to be uploaded as part of your application
- The CITB test ID number from your CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test; this can be found at the top of your pass certificate. You must have passed the appropriate test within the last 2 years
- A credit or debit card in order to pay the £36 application fee.
To find out what card you need for your occupation, please use the card finder section on the CSCS website. This will also confirm which HS&E test is required.
Please note that CITB no longer facilitate and administer the CPCS Test, this is now run by NOCN.
For information about booking CPCS tests, including renewals, please see our information on Card schemes.
Information for how to book CISRS tests can be found on the CISRS website
Should you require further assistance, please email TestingServicesFeedback@citb.co.uk