IPAF Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
Cost: £289 no VAT charged
Duration: 1 day
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is for anyone who may be required to operate Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs).
This course will train you to prepare and safely operate various types of MEWPs.
On passing the IPAF theory and practical test we will apply for an IPAF MEWP Operator’s Licence – PAL Card on your behalf.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Understand the relevant health and safety regulations
- Identify accident prevention and control
- Identify the needs regarding personnel protection
- Drive the MEWP safely and manoeuvre it in a correct and proper manner, inside and outside of a building
- Carry out pre-use checks and daily maintenance before starting work
- Carry out the correct emergency procedures and understand the capacities and limitations to enable safe operation
- Understand the selection and use of fall protection equipment.
Teaching and assessment
- 1 day learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises including IPAF theory and practical assessment.
Qualifications you get
- IPAF MEWP Operator’s Licence – PAL Card
- CITB National Construction College e-certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.