Business Improvement in Construction: Understanding the Market and Selling
Cost, location & dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Duration: 1 day
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is intended for owners and senior managers of small and medium businesses who wish to gain a greater understanding of the internal and external factors that affect the performance of their business.
A steady flow of work is essential for any business. This course helps you work towards achieving a steady work flow by improving your market position and by working through a plan to capitalise on it.
Not having a project or a job to go to when the current one finishes has huge implications for individuals and teams. This can have a negative impact on confidence, security, motivation, productivity and behaviour.
This course can be booked by employers and take place at or near their place of work. See How to book below.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
The course covers:
- Analysis of your business’s strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding your competition
- Identifying your market
- Understanding relevant sales legislation and contract law
- Sales strategies to grow your business
- Introducing a business development culture
- Customer service and managing client accounts
- Identifying service delivery processes.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through classroom-based tutorials and exercises.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
How to book
Group bookings only.
This course is available for delivery in-house for a minimum of 6 and maximum 12 attendees.
We can deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue arranged by you.